PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Abby's not feeling well...

Update:

The Vet says Abby is responding well to the fluids & antibiotics...They say I can bring her home with medication...

I am going to pick her up in a little while & will be watching her closely...I took a vacation day from work tomorrow so I can keep a close eye on her...

I'll help her catch up on everyone's Blogs tomorrow...

Thank You for all your concerns & good wishes...

Abby's Mom

*********************************************************************************


Abby's Mom here:

Yesterday Abby was very clingy...She just wanted to be held & cuddled...

She woke me up at 4:00AM this morning & she was shaking & her tummy was very rigid & I could tell she was in pain...I called the Vet & got their Answering Service...The Vet called me right back & said she would meet me at the office...So off we went...

The Vet said she needed to keep Abby there & run some tests...Poor little Abby was so scared...It was so hard to leave her there, but I knew that was the best place for her right now...

I brought her bed & her Piggy Stuffie with her when I took her to the Vet, cuz I thought if she had to stay, she would feel more comfortable if she had her own bed...I asked the Vet if she could have it with her & she said she could...

It's now, 6:40AM & the Vet just called me...They have done blood work & X-Rays...There is no blockage, so that's good...Some of the levels in her blood work are elevated, so the Vet believes she has Pancreatitis...They are giving her fluids & antibiotics now...They also gave her some pain medicine...They think she will be OK...& I may be able to pick her up this evening...

The Vet said she is alot more comfortable & she is laying in her bed with her head on her Piggy...

I'll let you know more when I know more...

19 comments:

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Oh Abby, poor Abby, you had to endure pain from tummy and then needle sticks, I hope everything will be OK, you go home this evening as the Vet told your mom.
Did you eat anything besides what your mom fed you?
(((Hugs)))

Simba and Jazzi said...

Poor Abby. Please get well soon.

Simba x

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Abby! I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! That think you have is a big word, and I don't know much about it, but I hope you will recover soon. I will send lots of healing purrs over to you.
Get well soon!
Purrs,
JB

Gus said...

Abby: We are sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. We are keeping our paws crossed for you and your mom.

kisses
gussie n teka

Deetz said...

Oh no, my lil abby is not feeling well. You are a great mummy for taking her piggie and bed to be with her. I know she is scared and wants her mummy, cuz I would. You did the right thing Abby's mummy, cuz I don't want anything to happen to lil abby. Thanky you for loving her so much. Please keep me informed
Deetzy

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh Abby's Mom...

Sorry ta hear Abby had ta go ta the vet....if ya can believe this, all 3 of us were there for an amergency visit Sunday night as well...but we got ta come home....we'll tell ya all about it later....sure hope Abby feels better and can come home soon...that is not a good disease ta get.....very dangerous...hope she recovers fully.....me ??? I'm still in my sick bed suckin' up all the attention.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

Deefor said...

I feel so sad that Abby is sick. I hope Abby is going to be OK. It's good you took her to the vet where they can help her. We'll keep our paws crossed.

Deefor

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh no poor Abby. We hope you're feeling better soon. Take care.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Chef said...

Poor sweet Abby. Please give her big Boxersmoochies and hugs and tell her I hope she feels better soon. Paws are crossed.

xox
Chef

Asta said...

Abby Sweetie
I'm so sowwy you'wenot well..thank dog that the vet is taking good cawe of you and that you have some company so that you awen't so scawed..I hope they can fix evewything vewy soon wif medcin and that you can go home to youw Pawents..I will cwoss my paws fow you and think vewy pawsitive thoughts.
Let us know if you need anything
love and smoochie kisses
ASTA

BenTheRotti said...

Just sniffing over from Gus' blog to sprinkle some rotti get well smooches. Glad to hear you are doing a little better Abby

love, licks and tailwags,

Ben xxx

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Oh Abby, hope you feel better soon pal! I'll be crossing my paws for your speedy recovery. Jx

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Abby -

We are sorry you are not feeling well. We hope you get better real soon.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Abby and Abby's mom...I'm so sorry we haven't stopped by in quite some time. We are so sorry to hear that Abby isn't feeling well. It sounds like it was a good thing that you were able to take Abby in quickly, I'm sure the tunny aches hurt lots.

I've been resting up super hard and I'm sending some really oober intense ESP your way!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We read about you at Gussie's blog. We wanted to run over to say we hope you feel better SOON!!
Hugs
Jamie&Sunny

Lorenza said...

Don't worry about blogs. We know you want to stay with Abby and to give her all you attention.
I hope she feels better soon.
I have my paws crossed for her.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Thor and Jack said...

Poor Abby
I´m so sorry to hear that you not feeling well. I hope you get well soon!

Love and licks
Thor

Charlie Daniels said...

I hope you are feeling lots and lots and lots and lots and lots better very soon Abby.

Cheers

Charlie

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Feel better soon Abby - we are thinking of you buddy.

love

opy