PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

GI John's Homecoming BBQ...

We had a Homecoming BBQ for John...

As you know, Rosco's Dad is home on R&R Leave from Iraq...

Rosco thinks R&R means Rosco Rocks...

Here's MY Dad giving John some BBQ'ing Tips...
My Dad is acting as the Official Taste Tester...
Rosco is overseeing the operation in case there are any rejects...

I always clean up after dinner...Just looking for debris...
Rosco looks thirsty from all the Tug-O-War...
I'm just enjoying the celebration...& waiting for Hand Outs...If you know what I mean...
John & the boys checking out John's new Bike...
That's my sister, Chrissy (Rosco's Mom) talking to my Cousins, Jordan, Emmie, & Jenny...
Here's Jeff bringing JJ back from the backyard...Not sure what the emergency is, but if you look at Jeff's face, it may not smell very good...
This is John's Mom with a new little guy we just met that day...
His name is Gavin...He's John's Cousin's Son...
I love the kids...
I REALLY love the kids...
They are playing with my big purple ball...
I don't mind...They are having sooo much fun...

************************************************************************

Oh...& my good friend, Happy gave me this Friendship Award...

Thank You, Happy!!!

I pass it on to any of my friends that don't already have it... & also those that do...

I love you all...

Abby xxooo

17 comments:

Eduardo said...

What a great BBQ! I don't really like kids. I'm not mean to them, I'm scared of them! I think it's great that you love kids though! What a nice purple ball, looks like a lot of fun!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

It looks like your family had a really nice day. Enjoy John's R&R.

Levi's mom

Asta said...

Abby
What a bootiful family..welcome home John!!1
It looks lioke awondewful BBQ
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Joe Stains said...

Your fammily looks so nice, they must be so happy to have John home for a while! Kids are ok, especially when they are tossing food around.

Ben & Darling said...

BBQ sound yummylicious!! and Im sure you all had a great day.

slurpy licks,
BenBen

Lorenza said...

Hi, Abby!
Sure it was great to have that BBQ to share with John and the family!
I know is great to have him at home!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Abby -

We know what you mean about Blogger. Mama had some trouble this morning posting some comments. They would not post at all.

It looks like all of you had a good time at the BBQ. Isn't it nice when the whole family can get together?

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Abby -

Ooooooh, Mama forgot that we wanted to congratulate you on your award.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's a pawsome BBQ. And you're so great with the kids... I bet they love you too

~ Girl girl

i said...

What a great time you all had with the bbq. I can see why you adore the kids....

Have a great weekend now!

Simba and Jazzi said...

I don't like kids much. They are a bit loud and jumpy for me. You have a lovely family.

Simba x

Deefor said...

Nice party. I hope you got some yummy stuff. You are very nice to the kids. Some of them are very tasty to lick.

Deefor

Deetz said...

That is so nice of you too share your ball...you are so sweet. I would love to play with lil people.
A friend of mine, Fenway, needs votes for a contest, when you have time would you go and vote. The link is on my bloggie.
Have a happy great weekend.
Deetzy

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow what a great time ya all had welcomin' John home from the war...it's so nice ta see everyone havin' a good time eatin' good food. Did ya get any goodies dropped yer way?....hang around the kids more... they're sure ta drop somethin'....if that purple ball were around here it would be flat as a pancake......

Dewey Dewster here.....

Fenway said...

Dear Abby--

Oooh, I loved typing that! haha.

I wanted to thank you for pawing out your vote for me. I'm happy to be your friend...you are VERY pretty and look sweet (like me!).

Did you score any burgers at that BBQ?

Your new pal,
Fenway

Noah the Airedale said...

It's great having friends and family around. The BBQ sounds delish. Hope you got lots of treats.

tailwags
Noah xx

Snowy and Crystal said...

awwww Abby - what fun pictures...we loved it. Thanks for sharing

You sure seem to LOVE the kids :)

Maltese Paws,

S&C